One of the songs covered by Bamboo in their 3rd album, We Stand Alone Together is Tatsulok, originally by Buklod. There's nothing really much of a difference between Bamboo's version from Buklod. Bamboo just enhanced the song rocking it with their instruments and his signature voice making it more powerful and inspiring.

When I first heard the song I said it was a bit of a leftist in nature. When I heard the original version, I remembered my org in college, LFS. These kinds of songs are being played by the org and yes it is patriotic in nature.

Some says that this song is just in time for the elections 2007, that there might be political motives behind this. But the only message that the band wants to reach out for the Filipinos, cliche as it may sound, is to Vote Wisely! Yeah, vote wisely folks! This is an opportunity for us to make a move in reversing the "tatsulok."

Here's the two versions of the song from Buklod and Bamboo:



0 comments